View Single Post
Old
02-09-2013, 08:28 AM
habsfanatics

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
I think Price will be the best goalie in the game. I don't think he'll be THAT dominant over the next best goalie that he'll be considered a generational talent.

PK should be there. Don't know if he will be but he should.

He's not as much of a gambler as he was at the beginning of last season. He's continued to improve defensively and his skating would be awesome on that big surface.

Pronger>Chara. Neither are generational talents but both will be in the HOF.

Lidstrom was a generational talent.

Yzerman, Messier, Sakic, Belfour, Coffey, Chelios, Jagr... all are in the same group. Really, really good. HOF type guys but I don't consider any to be generational talents.

Hasek, Roy, Lemieux, Gretz, Bourque, Lidstrom, Crosby... In my opinion those are generational talents. Really separated from the crowd and clearly the best at their positions. I actually think OV and Lindros had generational talent as well. They didn't fulfill their promise for different reasons but both were absolutely incredible.

Carey Price I think will fall into the category of best at his position and having a great career. Then again I thought Chris Higgins was going to be a 40 goal man so...
No disrespect Lafleurs guy, but there is no chance Jagr is in the group you've mentioned. He has more Art Ross/Lester B Pearsons than everyone on your list combined. Coffey and Chelios aren't even in the same ballpark. I know their dman, but outside of a year or two, neither were the best dman in the league.

habsfanatics is offline   Reply With Quote