View Single Post
02-09-2013, 07:47 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by habsfanatics View Post
I agree with you here. He's consistently one of the best, but to be a generational talent you have to be the undisputed best for a period of time. I think he is on the cusp of doing just that, but there is more competition at this position than ever before. It will be tough for any one goaltender to lay claims to the undisputed best for the foreseeable future. Lundquist is closest to being able to make that claim, but I don't feel he's great deal above price either.

BTW: In 2009 messier ranked 1 spot ahead of Jagr's on the alltime list, mostly based on longevity ect, but views have shifted dramatically since then. More European voters have also influenced rankings. I've seen Jagr as high as 11th all time on these lists. People are now shifting their views from team performances to individual performances and realizing one player can't make a team. There is not a change in hell that Guy Lafleur or Mike bossy should be ahead of Jagr.
Just think if Price can play as long as Broduer has what we'll be saying about it him?

Pigems* is offline   Reply With Quote