View Single Post
02-09-2013, 08:21 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
I think our prospect depth has been kind of week lately. CT is about the only depth pick to join HFD this season, right?

Lindberg and Fasth will strengthen the lot next season, but then we are potentially weaker again after a year or two. Especially the US kids could take a while before they literary ends up on the farm.

It's not going to pay off before in 2-3 seasons. But I'll certainly would mind just a slew of Dane Byers even if any of the 2nd and 3rds dont become better than that.

I remember the time we got a Malhotra or a Lundmark or a Brendl and they came to a COMPLETELY BARE cup board. And I think all three suffered tremendously from just that. It someone like Kreider starts to think that it's not his fault that he is struggling, but the clubs fault, they are instantly set straight because other kids would just blow past them.

But we will loose that advantage in a hurry when our kids in NY grows older and our farm is weakened.
I see what your saying but when it comes down to it you have to move a 3rd rounder for the right guy and go for it this yr. They have a 2 yr window in my mind...........thinking they can only keep Gaborik and Nash together for this yr and next