2012-2013 CIS Regular Season Discussion
View Single Post
02-09-2013, 09:57 AM
Join Date: May 2007
There are many possible ties in the OUA. Here are the rules:
TIE BREAKING PROCEDURES:
1. Most league wins (if the teams have played the same number of games).
2. Record in head-to-head competition (if all teams involved in the tie have played each other at least once).
3. Point difference in head-to-head competition (if all teams involved in the tie have played each other at least once).
4. Record in games within the division.
5. Record in games against common opponents.
6. Record in games against each of the other teams in the division, starting at the top of the standing and continuing in descending order.
7. Point difference in games within the division.
8. Point difference in games against common opponents.
9. Point difference in games against the highest divisional opponent not involved in the tie.
10. Point difference in games against the second-highest divisional opponent not involved in the tie.
11. If the tie persists, repeat Step 10 using the other teams in the division in descending order until the tie is broken.
12. Total point difference.
13. Coin toss (if two teams are tied) or drawing of lots (if more than two teams are tied).
The Canada West is slightly different:
3.8 Tie Breaking Procedures:
Final league standings, at the conclusion of league play, shall be based on each teams points
as per 3.7. If two or more teams are tied in points then the tie breaking criteria are in the
following prioritized order:
1. Head-to-head competition record.
2. Number of wins.
3. Goals for/Goals against differential.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Hollywood3