View Single Post
Old
02-09-2013, 10:33 AM
HCH

vCash: 500
I don't know if we will see a major trade for a while. The team seems to have lots of spare parts that don't quite fit in and I can see a couple of minor trades rather than anything major.

For a change the team has an identity and I don't think Bergevin wants to mess around with that at the moment. With the pieces he is putting together I would expect any changes would be with a goal for improving the team in the near future (next year) rather than sacrificing potentially good young players to immediately improve the team for the short term.

The spare parts at the moment are Kaberle and Weber but they won't fetch much in return unless a team becomes desperate. I wouldn't mind seeing the team adding some organizational depth at the goaltender position next year. I could see Desjardins as a possibility for low cost backup next year so he would need to be replaced and there isn't much left after that. The draft won't bring us anyone ready to play in Hamilton so maybe that is where a trade would come from