View Single Post
Old
02-09-2013, 10:40 AM
Tonellisghost
CHILL WINSTON!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frolov 6'3 View Post
I'm glad we all can agree now that Muzzin is a waste of roster spot. Nothing against the kid but one month ago, I already said Muzzin had showed me nothing in those few games with the Kings last year. You just could see him brings nothing.

For a pick I like this move very much. I dont think Ellerby is the solution but you always hope a player with that size, draft pedigree etc can improve on a new team. Just like Greene.
Not so fast there. We all definitely don't agree at all on the idea that a talented kid who is playing in his first 20 games in the NHL and has shown at times that he is very good is a "waste of a roster spot".

Muzzin is a rookie who is being paired with our #7 dman on most nights. He is being asked to step in and fill the skates of one of two of the more critical VET players on our team and so far for being a true rookie he is doing very well.

IF Muzzin were brought in and paired with WM or RS he would be doing even better than he has to date. The problem isn't with Muzzin, the problem is with having a rookie D paired with a #7 dman on a team that is without two of its top D and expecting him to be able to perform like nothing is wrong.

Not to mention the fact that the team has started off struggling too. I am pretty certain that DD would also have struggled a bit under the same circumstances (though differently).

Muzzin is a solid skater who plays good positional hockey but he is a complimentary Dman. As a rookie he should be paired with a stay at home experienced Dman who can keep him settled down and show him the ropes on the ice. Not a player who while good enough hasn't seen too many NHL games over the past couple of seasons himself.

I mean Amart was paired with a solid vet when he came up and so was DD and so was VV, you can't expect miracles from Muzzin when he is paired with DavisD. You just have to hope that he can hold his own which for a true rookie he has.

Tonellisghost is offline   Reply With Quote