View Single Post
Old
02-09-2013, 11:03 AM
cgf
Un-fire Roy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
Szalai isn't close to being good enough for Dortmund right now even with his purple patch of form, he had 8 games in 50 Bundesliga games before this season, he has to show good form for more then half a season, specially when his previous career high is 4 goals.
A) If not him, there's guys like Diouf who are good and can finish, but aren't stars on Lewa's level, and that's the type of signing I expect.
B) The service at Dortmund is different than the service at Mainz
C) I don't really think too highly of Szalai either, but he's been a talented player who just hadn't put it together before this year, so who knows, if he keeps it up for the rest of the season this could be the breakout point in his career, and Dortmund have unearthed diamonds when replacing their stars before, Lewa himself was a sloppy finishing backup to Barrios before breaking out.

As for Hummels and barca, he'd look great on that team and fit in perfectly, but I have a hard time seeing Dortmund selling him now. Unless he pushes for the deal hard, I don't see it actually happening, and I'm not sure he would push for that now unless Dortmund wins the CL this year.