Old
02-09-2013, 12:26 PM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WetHog
Quote:
Originally Posted by gogensgo View Post
Question for the board: how often do the leaders on this team take the optional skate (captains and assistants). Traditionally the leaders are the hardest working players and try to lead by example. Haven't paid attention in the past as I just made assumptions but the last couple weeks I've been noticing same names skipping them and am wondering if this is historical or just something lately for them.
I don't keep track, but it seems everytime "optional skate" is brought up in the media OV's name is the first mentioned that did not participate. Never sits right with me when I hear that either, especially when the team is struggling. The team leaders, guys with C's and A's on their sweaters, should never take an optional skate off (unless they are hurt). They should be the first ones on the ice at every opportunity leading by example, trying to fix what isn't working.

The "Young Guns", it would seem over the years, have never skated when they didn't have to. Probably part of the reason this core of players have yet to reach their full potential.

WetHog is offline   Reply With Quote