View Single Post
Old
02-09-2013, 11:27 AM
DrewforNorris
Kingspiracy.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Not that I'm saying Muzzin WILL be Rob Scuderi, but to say never is way to harsh. At 24, Scuds was in the minors and didn't even crack an NHL line up until he was 26. He's only been a full-time NHLer since 2005-2006. In fact, if Scuds would have had a full 82 games season this year with the Kings, he'd have officially spent the majority of his NHL career as a King to that point.

Going by Scuds timeline, Muzzin's ahead of the curve.
This is a very good analysis. Muzzin is not fully developed yet. Last few years our defense has been one of the Top Ds in the NHL. That said, our learning curve is going to be harder than most teams because of the expectation. Having lost some solid D men, Muzzin is plug for the hole, but is also learning. He hasn't fully developed and he is being trusted to gain some valuable experience which will help him grow. It's not easy to make that kind of adjustment after losing 2 players who are already set in their roles.

Whether Muzzin continues to grow remains to be seen. He is not being coddled and he is adjusting well but remember he is a new player to the NHL, not a veteran. I remember Doughty was getting ripped apart on these boards when he came into camp slow, overweight etc. Yet, we don't hear about that now because the problem quietly went away, he picked up his game. We don't mention it, it just sort of falls off the grid and now he is playing massive minutes. I don't think Muzzin is our problem right now; I look at the way the whole team is playing and they are not generating enough offense to win games.

DrewforNorris is offline   Reply With Quote