View Single Post
Old
12-17-2003, 04:20 AM
wasting time

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Messenger
Agree...just one additional comment that I would like to add in that Bill Waters and Leaf management look a bit silly signing every Dman they ever drafted to a contract last off season in hopes that 1 would turn out okay...Now Max is going to Russia to eleveate a logjam in St. Johns..David Turon was sent packing to the ECHL...Ian White back to Junior ...Pierre Hedin sits games as do other Dmen in St Johns..,Ric Jackman floating on conditioning stints between St. Johns and NHL..when the player that now has the spot is Karel Pilar who they had all along, but almost wrote off...
That is pretty insightful, as I would expect from you. But who knew?

Pilar could just as easily be sitting on his mom's couch right now. Hedin had to come across - it was now or never. And Jackman was a wildcard given his lifestyle changes. Plus, Ian White is best off in junior right now, and although Turon was sent to the ECHL, I don't necessarily think that is a negative.

I agree that Kondriatev is best off in Russia right now. He has a distinct flavour now of what is awaiting him next year or the year after in North America. Hopefully, he hires an english tutor in Russia, and comes back mentally ready.

If let him languish with the culture shock issues in St. Johns they seriously could have damaged his confidence permanently.