View Single Post
02-09-2013, 12:58 PM
The Amity Affliction
Chasing Ghosts
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Sidney the Kidney View Post
As a pure PP QB, he's kind of iffy. He hesitates too much, and instead of really being the general out there and really taking charge, too often seems to just defer to Sid or Geno, which inevitably leads to him passing up chances of his own in favor of just dishing the puck off to those two.

His ability to QB a PP is pretty much the only flaw in his game that might keep him from winning a Norris trophy.
That's the problem though, with two of the best players in the league, what are you supposed to do, not defer to them? While I agree with you that Letang should sack up and take advantage (if he ever did that, Pittsburgh's PP would be unstoppable) but everytime I see him play he always makes good decisions with the puck and moves it well at the point.

He had a couple of miscues in the game against the Islanders, but that's gonna happen. Even Sergei Zubov and Brian Leetch did and they're two of the best PP QB's ever.

You guys watch him more than I do, so I'll take your word for it, but I have a very good feeling if he didn't have those two there, he'd start shooting a lot more, and he should.

Originally Posted by Mo Wanchuk View Post
Sitting at third in the leage at a 29% is not a funk. Fact is Letang is not a bona fide PP QB.
Looks like they picked it up already, I know they started off pretty bad. It was mentioned in both the Ranger and Islander games that they were having trouble.

The Amity Affliction is offline   Reply With Quote