Old
02-09-2013, 01:46 PM
KnightofBoston
MVP

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ladd View Post
Ryder

Pros: "We're gettin' the band back together, man." The guys in the room know and like Ryder. The coaches trust him. We won a Cup with him. Put him on the Perv line and it should mean instant scoring depth and the occasional big goal.

Cons: He won't help the PP. His flaws are well known here. MMB says we can do better.

Lucic-Krejci-Seguin
Marsh-Bergy-Horton
Kelly-Peverley-Ryder
I've always liked Ryder and felt re-upping him for 3.5 was worth it. Pouliot wasn't an awful replacement, but I think losing Ryder has demonstrated the weakness we have on that spot now. That said, I wouldn't give up more than a 3rd for him MAYBE a conditional 2nd/1st contingent on the bruins making the finals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ladd View Post
Iginla

Pros: Adding a guy like Iginla could give the B's a major boost in confidence/morale similar to the 2011 trade deadline. It could also give them that Mark Recchi, win-one-for-the-gipper theme to rally around.

Cons: He's not the player he once was, and the cost of acquiring him could be prohibitive if PC pays for reputation the way he did with Kaberle. I also don't think he'd "solve" the PP. He's another RH shot. He's not a PPQB. He's not a net-front guy. He does like to shoot and has a quicker/better release than Horton, but someone still has to get him the puck.

Lucic-Krejci-Seguin
Marsh-Bergy-Iginla
Kelly-Peverley-Horton
Sometimes I feel the bruins should be patient and careful with the cap, other times I believe we should maximize their chances to win while Chara is healthy and playing in his prime (last season was one of his best)

So what would get it done? You say he's not the player he was once, which is true. He went from 43 to 32 goals over the last two seasons and is having a dissapointing start thus far, I think that will reduce his value yet he could really kick it up a notch if given a chance with a tight knit cup contending team

I'd start with a 1st and a second and a player close to NHL contention? Someone who is perhaps a bit bottlenecked here and has been passed by?

Sauve? Caron ? Bartkowski?

KnightofBoston is online now   Reply With Quote