View Single Post
Old
02-09-2013, 01:11 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callagraves View Post
I've only seen Miller in the WJC and the past two games, I haven't caught any Whale games this year, but I maintain we don't have enough exposure to say for sure what kind of a player/how good this guy is going to be. Is this his best? Is it what we can expect? Is he going to crash hard? We really don't know.

We know Boyle's upside, and we know what he brings to the table. Especially defensively, and especially on the PK.

Is he a better option for the 3rd line we're rolling now? Very much. He and Cally showed instant chemistry, and he and Kreider seem to do well together as well.

But we don't know what he's going to look like in a few games. How he's going to be defensively, how he'll impact special teams.

I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm saying there is no way to know if you're right yet.
I'm not saying that you're saying I'm wrong, I agree with you to an extent that you shouldn't be counting your chickens before they hatch, or however the expression goes. What I'm saying is that from what I've seen in the small sample size, JT Miller shows you intangibles that Brian Boyle simply just doesn't have. I've also seen him play multiple times in Hartford and the WJC's.

If he played against the Islanders and an even worse opponent and played as well as he did, then I'd say let's take a step back, but I thought he played just as good against the Devils as he did against the Islanders.

Either way, the Rangers will burn the 1st year of his deal this season. He's too good to be sent back down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Now is harder also more accurate? Because Dale Purinton had a hard shot. It's like Demarcus Russel who had a cannon but couldn't hit the broad side of a barn and Peyton Manning who never had a super strong arm but might be the most accurate QB in NFL history.
I think you mean Jamarcus Russell lol.

CM Lundqvist is online now   Reply With Quote