Thread: Pre-Game Talk: Game 10: Kings vs. Red Wings
View Single Post
Old
02-09-2013, 01:18 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Actually, that looks amazing. Honestly, when we got Ellerby, the first thing I thought was that his skillset, speed, and youth would be best served pairing with Doughty. Not to mention it would spread the experience around the pairings instead of constantly pairing youngster with youngster. Voynov gets reliable Scuderi to watch his back, which gives him more of a green light.

Gagne can help setup Kopitar and Brown, and Williams can try to infuse some life on the second line, same with Clifford. Richards needs a kick in the ass and a statement. Maybe some time on the third line, grinding it out, can get his stamina back up, and also get him back into the game mentality. Not to mention he is a hell of a lot better in that spot over Stoll.

To be honest, with those line combinations, I think it also opens up the possibility of bringing up a youngster to see if they can infuse some life into the team as well. I was against it earlier, but if you could bring up Vey or Toffoli and have them tryout a bit on Richards' wing, on the third line, I'd be O.K. with that.

Overall, I LOVE these line combinations. I hope he sticks with them for a bit.

"I think part of his game is hes over aggressive at times, which I like. Well tame that. Id rather tame a lion than paint stripes on the kitty cat." - Dean Lombardi discussing Brayden McNabb

Last edited by Telos: 02-09-2013 at 01:23 PM.
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote