Thread: Value of: David Rundblad to Philadelphia
View Single Post
Old
02-09-2013, 01:18 PM
SolidSnakeUS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
He is stuck competing with Schlemko, Summers and Stone. All 3 of those guys are more steady in their own end, and Phoenix is having issues with defense this year. Summers and Stone are ready, and can afford to sit in the pressbox. Rundblad needs playing time, so he was sent back down. On any other team, with any other coach, he is an everyday player. Do not mistake the incredibly high standards Tippett has for a player not being good enough.

One of Yandle or Rundblad will not be with this organization past the draft, I bet.
Honestly, if Gormley might be set to play for next season, I can easily see Rundblad being the guy out. I think you guys should keep Yandle till OEL and Gormley truly take over, then he might become trade bait. What I'm getting at is, he would be an everyday player for us. So other coaches don't have higher standards? Tippett just has a different play style than others, as in he is way more defensive oriented than offensive, while others balance it or focus more on offense (Lavy is more of a balance, if not, then just a slight bias on offense). Because of that I think Rundblad would thrive with the Flyers, especially considering we need another PMD other than Timonen.

SolidSnakeUS is offline   Reply With Quote