View Single Post
Old
02-09-2013, 02:28 PM
PCSPounder
Stadium Groupie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorNelson View Post
Allen does not need to be a figure in Portland's financial landscape. Portland is a flourishing city and can certainly support a major league franchise. I'd have guessed NFL before NHL, but that's another topic.

The funny thing about Portland is Vancouver, Washington. This is a seperate entity in another state but it also functions as Portland's North side. This is relevant because Washington is a low tax state and it is cheaper to build there. A new stadium built in Vancouver would benefit Portland's bid with lower taxation. As well, Olympia has shown kindness to arena seekers before. Washington would reap the financial benefit of Portland's fanbase. To rub salt in the wound you could aquire and relocate the Ducks! Even the threat of an Oregon Ducks team playing in Vancouver should be enough to spur Mr.Allen into action, lol!
Congratulations on finding more reasons to convince Portlanders to oppose the replacement of the I-5 bridge across the Columbia River.

Portlanders call it "Vantucky," BTW.

It's funny, Vancouver had a chance at AAA baseball and completely passed, then mulled over an offer for single A baseball and, at least, gave that proposal the time of day before voting it down. The state of Washington did squat then, and I think any situation where large quantities of Portlanders cross the river, frankly, scares Vantucky. They seem uninterested in stuff like this; they're more interested in paving over Portland so they can get to work faster.

PCSPounder is online now   Reply With Quote