View Single Post
Old
02-09-2013, 02:36 PM
CB Joe

vCash: 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
I really hope you're not implying O'Reilly was a passenger on Landeskog's line. Talented or not, Landeskog was a rookie last year. Let's not give him too much credit. The two worked amazingly well together. And yes, Duchene was matched with crap linemates, suffered injuries, etc. Nevertheless, he had a bad year and took the "prove it" contract. Not saying O'Reilly absolutely SHOULDN'T take that deal, but to ask for a little more is not "madness." Like it or not, O'Reilly has been the more consistent and reliable player since both were drafted.

You can say he wasn't "$3.5 million good" but that's just an arbitrary number.
I just don't see why O'Reilly should get more then Duchene.

Duchene did have an off year, but he out preformed O'Reilly, by a notable amount, over the duration of their entry level contacts.

Duchene was entitled to a higher starting wage because of his draft position. So even if O'Reilly does get the same contact as Duchene, it would be a bigger raise for O'Reilly.

I don't see how O'Reilly could ask for a bigger raise and higher salary then a player with the exact same experience, and a player who has out performed him.