View Single Post
Old
02-09-2013, 01:42 PM
Gooch

vCash: 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
I don't know why, but when I look at the updated Jaguars logo I just feel like I'm looking at a bad high school team logo.

Mind you the prior logo was nothing great or even good itself, but it felt like a mid-90s NFL team at least.

The Dolphins new logo will inevitably be a minor downgrade (I don't know if it'll be the exact logo in that helmet, but it should be close...it's expected to follow a similar artistic angle as the Marlins...which are the last team anyone should be looking towards for ideas about how anything should be done) and the UConn news is nothing short of depressing. The smiling husky is an icon. An angry husky is nothing more than a wolf with brain damage.

edit: The Jags re-do actually doubled the amount of teal in it at the very least. The eyes went from white to teal and the nose from black to teal...then throw in that the tongue is larger.
The logo of the Jags I saw had the words Jacksonville Jaguars along with the picture of the Jaguar and compared the two. The new one changes one of the words from being in Teal to being in Gold so there might be a little more teal on the picture of the jaguar but less in the font and that might translate to more gold on the jerseys and less teal, we'll see when they unveil it.

Uconn's change is probably a reaction to being jobbed the last few go arounds in conference realignment and they're struggling to try to remain relevant to perspective recruits. The kids these days like the angrier logos for some stupid reason.