View Single Post
Old
02-09-2013, 02:03 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooskating View Post
how has mcilrath been doing? with asham and boyle fighting for a spot, bickel sucking, and miller's success, is there a chance mcilrath breaks the roster? or is he wayyy more not ready than miller was?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCresty View Post
the forwards have nothing to do with McIlrath. He's the future 4/5 guy looking at our current roster, he just needs time to develop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
I agree that Fasth, Lindberg and McIlrath will be NHLers. All three are ready now or almost ready and should be in the NHL some time next season.
I have no idea if Mcilrath is ready. Last week against Bridgeport he didn't look ready, where are the scouting reports about how he is playing defense. We hear about his fights, what about his play??

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
Some of you are commenting as if the Rangers are still rebuilding. This is a win now organization and will be from here on out. Young players will fit in if they earn spots. In most cases, you can't project how they will pan out but the more good prospects you have the better. All personnel decisions will be made through a "win now" fuilter, including trading young players.
Excellent note.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
I watched the whole Minnesota game last night. Skjei is a player. His skating is awesome and he is gaining confidence with each shift. He wins battles, moves the puck smartly and carries it up the ice (only sometimes because his partner may be the best offensive defenseman in NCAA hockey). He reminds me alot of McD when he was at Wisconsin. Very similar skill set. the future is very bright for this kid.
He's had problems playing his position. Being on a powerhouse team covers up some of those mistakes. Thats okay, he's a freshman and he'll learn, but lets not get ahead of ourselves.