View Single Post
Old
02-09-2013, 03:05 PM
KIRK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancakes View Post
Malkin played poorly but I thought Sid was actually pretty solid. He had 6 shots on goal and was our only real threat offensively. Dupuis and Kunitz were black holes of suck this game. They looked like they had earlier in the year prior to this recent 5 game win streak.

Sid did well when he had the puck today, which wasn't often because our d couldn't break it out and Kunitz/Dupuis were ****.
Here, I'll disagree. When he wasn't acting like a total *** clown, Malkin was the only Penguin threatening the Devils. Frankly, Boychuk did more to shut him down in the first 30 minutes than the Devils did.

As for Kunitz and Dupuis, yeah they had the same combined effect as Boychuk.

Why do you think that I've been obsessing about a proper second wheel for Sid and a proper third wheel for Geno since late last season?

Sid needed someone to step up and help make a play. Geno and Neal needed to work fewer short-handed cycles.

Today, leaving the refs out of it, the Devils were playing tight, boring playoff defense, where the limitations of what the Pens have outside in their top six was exposed . . . AGAIN.