View Single Post
Old
02-09-2013, 04:17 PM
KIRK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancakes View Post
As bad as Kunitz and Dupuis have looked at times, that line has still been dangerous. I'd love to get someone else for Sid than Dupuis, but Malkin is the one who looks like he needs a winger right now. He's getting smothered at even strength.

I think I said this in the winger thread at some point but the need is for one winger. The ideal is for two. Dupuis/Kunitz's struggles are magnified right now because Malkin's line is not scoring so whenever D/K have a bad game the Pens tend to lose. Yet if the Malkin line was rolling like it should then D/K would be able to afford to have the odd bad game because we'd still be able to put the puck in the net with Malkin's line.

Right now we really do look like a one line team, which is somewhat shocking since Malkin/Neal is not that one line.
It's not really shocking if you accept that Malkin and Neal have been playing short handed at even strength this season.

As I said, their LW pretty much all season has had the equivalent impact to a game for Sid where both Kunitz and Dupuis play like ***.