View Single Post
Old
02-09-2013, 03:17 PM
End of Line
Human After All

vCash: 500
Cris Cyborg Asks for Release from UFC

Quote:
As relayed via Cyborg's manager, former UFC champion Tito Ortiz, the first (and only) Strikeforce Women's Featherweight Champion is no longer interested in working for the UFC.

To that effect, she has reportedly asked for her early release from the promotion:
Quote:
Right now, we're actually waiting for [the] UFC to release [Cyborg]. We asked for them to release her, so Dana White actually talked to me yesterday. They gave an offer, I went to Cyborg and she said she didn't want to do it—and we just asked for her release.

Since [the UFC] isn't doing a 145-pound weight class, what else can they do? Now, she's going to be released. Maybe we'll go look somewhere else and you can see Cyborg crush another woman's face in.
Quote:
Ortiz noted that the UFC's intent was to offer Cyborg a "huge deal," but she specifically wanted a three-fight deal with a fourth fight against Rousey at a 140-pound catchweight.

However, UFC president Dana White had previously stated that match would only happen at 135 pounds—requiring a weight drop that Ortiz says would permanently harm Cyborg's health.
Quote:
Additionally, Ortiz also drew some fire from White for statements made to The MMA Hour (via MMA Fighting) claiming that Rousey "hasn't proven anything" in her fighting career yet.

White's response was especially barbed, telling the press (via MMA Weekly) that Rousey—an undefeated champion, sports superstar and history-making U.S. Olympic medalist—is in another class compared to Ortiz, blowing his career "out of the water" with her relative age and accomplishments.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...sey-superfight

Lulz at that last quote.

"I don't know what the stronger emotion would be, the joy of winning or the pain of losing"-Sidney Crosby.