View Single Post
Old
02-09-2013, 03:55 PM
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas

vCash: 500
I just saw the 3rd period - and to me Hall played fine. I don't know what he did in the first 2 periods to piss people off so much.

I didn't see him get much 5on5 time in the 3rd, but I felt with the TOI he was given he was making plays. That defensive play to stop Zetterberg's breakaway was amazing, and he was doing a good job of consolidating puck possession for us in the zone.

For those who are giving it to him for not scoring - how are you so surprised? We aren't using him properly. He shouldn't be on the point on the PP - he should be near the front of the net. He's not a sniper, he's a blue-collar banger a la prime Ryan Smyth.

He's being misused and misconstrued here - and it's because he went #1 overall. He's not a skilled guy that makes plays with the puck on his stick. He's a great compliment to players that CAN do that - like Hemsky, like Gagner, like RNH, like Eberle. He's never going to create a goal for himself using his moves and hockey sense with the puck. It's going to be hockey sense AWAY from the puck and the use of his body/speed to get open for high-quality shots or banging home rebounds.

To me, he's going to be a better-skating, less-pugilistic version of a guy like Scott Hartnell

The Perfect Human* is offline   Reply With Quote