View Single Post
Old
02-09-2013, 03:57 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky_83 View Post
I just saw the 3rd period - and to me Hall played fine. I don't know what he did in the first 2 periods to piss people off so much.

I didn't see him get much 5on5 time in the 3rd, but I felt with the TOI he was given he was making plays. That defensive play to stop Zetterberg's breakaway was amazing.

For those who are giving it to him for not scoring - how are you so surprised? We aren't using him properly. He shouldn't be on the point on the PP - he should be near the front of the net. He's not a sniper, he's a blue-collar banger a la prime Ryan Smyth.

He's being mis-used and mis-construed here - and it's because he went #1 overall. He's not a skilled guy that makes plays with the puck on his stick. He's a great compliment to players that CAN do that - like Hemsky, like Gagner, like RNH, like Eberle. He's never going to create a goal for himself using his moves and hockey sense with the puck. It's going to be hockey sense AWAY from the puck and the use of his body/speed to get open for high-quality shots or banging home rebounds.
Typical Taylor Hall ****. Takes the puck (awkwardly, I might add) and proceeds to try and deke through four opposing players.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote