View Single Post
Old
07-05-2006, 10:23 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Leetch_94 View Post
I listen to every single Thunder game Hughes' pitches, I followed him all of last year as well. This kid is the goods.

6'4/6'5 at about 230. Just TURNED 20 a couple weeks ago and has dominated since the Yankees drafted him. He has a very good motion, effortless motion really. Fastball sits between 91-93 and tops at 95/96 though many think he should add a tick or two as his upper body fills in. He's a moose, huge legs. Has a good curveball, good but developing change and a good slider. Excellent control, he might not have the great raw stuff of a Homer Bailey or Liriano but he commands his stuff so well and he does have very good stuff, anyway. Very mature kid, down to earth. He is spiecal, not just another overhyped Yankee prospect. He, along with Homer Bailey, are the two top pitching prospects currently in the minors. Pelfrey, Garza, Sanchez, etc a notch below. As with any young pitcher, health will be the only thing that keeps him from being successful in the majors. Just gotta pray he stays on the field.
I've read similar, but great to hear it from someone who follows the minors for a living - for the love of Jebus, don't trade him for Soriano...

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote