View Single Post
Old
02-09-2013, 04:23 PM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
After taking two massive head shots in the neutral zone in his short NHL career, one of them giving him a concussion, I certainly hope it will change how Landeskog plays in certain situations and that he always assumes people will nail him if they get a chance. If not, his future is hazy (literally).
What is important is how MUCH it changes a person's game. Do Perron and Landekog keep their head up now? I hope so. Do they refuse to go into a corner, a scrum, in front of the net, etc.? Perron is still willing, and the times I've seen Landeskog it seems he is as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Loco_Avs View Post
Staff isn't really the problem. Everything that keeps happening is completely different for each player.
Flash got some weird clotting thing due to the altitude. I mean.. wtf!
I get it. But if your gonna be paranoid about why your players are all getting injured, I'd look at the medical staff.

But like I said earlier, hockey is simply a dangerous game. The fact that players that Colorado acquires get injuried is nothing more than random chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
Soccer players also don't wear pads and run around for 90 minutes straight, a guy getting tired and hitting another player in the head when they go up for a header are always possibilities.
I'm guessing its all the headers. Seriously. A fully inflated soccer ball hurts a bit when it hits your head. Repeated over and over and over and over, I can see it easily having a cumulative effect.

bluemandan is offline   Reply With Quote