View Single Post
Old
02-09-2013, 05:45 PM
Alklha

vCash: 500
His overall skating has certainly noticeably improved, but there is still work to be done. He is faster than he was, and his first couple of strides are much better. Other issues, like lateral skating, aren't as smooth as I would like though. However, with increased focus on that in the NHL, I don't see why we couldn't expect improvement in that area as well.

He is strong on the puck, using his frame well to protect it. He does seem to lack physicality despite his size though, but it is difficult to know how much the surface size plays into that. He doesn't initiate much contact, but he certainly doesn't shy away from and will go to the boards.

He isn't perfect, but is we have a C spot open in the summer, then he is very low risk. If he doesn't work out then we can still address the need via trade, and there would certainly be a team willing to take a flyer on Lehterä to shift his salary and give him a shot elsewhere. But I still think a line of Steen - Lehterä - Tarasenko makes a lot of sense.

Alklha is offline   Reply With Quote