Thread: Confirmed Trade with Link: [FLA/LA] Keaton Ellerby to LA for a 5th round pick
View Single Post
02-09-2013, 06:00 PM
The Amity Affliction
Chasing Ghosts
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
Good value for LA. Wish NYR had inquired. We need a #6.
Yeah seriously man and we have FOUR 3rd round picks that we could have moved.

What is Sather doing? He hates Eminger, Bickel sucks and Ellerby is a clear cut upgrade over Gilroy.

Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
Having followed him since he was drafted and seeing how he's developed, I wanted to also add some scouting report to what I've noticed.

On the plus side:
- Ellerby has always been a solid north-south skater so thats a good asset for him to have.
- He has good size to play against the bigger forwards and on occasion uses his size well to hit
- Willing to fight if the need calls but he's not necessarily a fighter or frequently does fight

On the minus side:
- He always seemed to lack something to make him better than what he currently is as a bottom pairing d-man and from what I can see its the hockey IQ.
- I think that lack of hockey IQ leads him to take really bad penalties and inopertune times
- Doesnt seem to use his size enough unfortunately

I wish him luck in LA and think if utilized properly will be a solid bottom pairing d-man for his career. I dont really think there's much potential left there and so I guess Tallon was just moving him while he could.
Great scouting report, thanks.

Sounds like he's a poor man's version of Jay Bouwmeester, minus the skating skills and the shot.

The Amity Affliction is offline   Reply With Quote