Thread: Prospect Info: Official 2013 Draft Thread
View Single Post
Old
02-09-2013, 05:18 PM
Prussian_Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by reavesthemaniac View Post
I would have to politely disagree with the statement in bold. I Don't see how the blues need another big C/LW, the organization is full of them with players like Gardiner, Jaskin, Beach, etc. I think the blues should pick a forward, but one that is a playmaking center.
Jaskin and Beach are both RW's.

Gardiner may well be a late bloomer; he didn't do much as a freshman at Minnesota, or last year with Dubuque in the USHL, but he's a leader on the ice and off for Penn State in their first year of Division I competition.

He has an NHL frame at 6' 3, and has put on about 15 pounds since being drafted, going from 176 to 190. If he can hit the weight room at Penn State for the next couple of years, by the time he's a senior he'll be in the 205-pound range, and if he continues to exhibit the kind of playmaking ability he's shown with PSU, one would think that the goal-scoring touch will return that got him 41 goals in just 66 HS games.

He picked up a goal last night in Penn State's 4-0 win over Alabama-Huntsville, his third of the year to go along with a team-leading 16 assist for 19 points in 24 games.

http://www.gopsusports.com/sports/m-....html#TEAM.IND

Gardiner will be 21 this May, so will be 23 when his senior season at PSU is done. By HF standards, he will still have two full years of "prospect" status left to hone his game in Peoria.

Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote