Thread: Proposal: Toronto-Boston
View Single Post
Old
02-09-2013, 06:27 PM
MuchoMacho

vCash: 500
I don't understand why everybody doesn't like Franson. By everybody I don't mean just the people on HF, but him being traded from Nashville as a piece in a cap dump trade, Ron Wilson and now Randy Carlyle. A lot of people who know a lot more than me about hockey don't like the guy for whatever reason, but I don't get it.

He's a little soft and can beat on the rush but he usually makes up for it with his long reach and extra effort. On the plus side he's got a strong shot that usually finds it's way to the net. He's positionally sound, he seems like a good character guy seeing how he's constantly scratched and never makes too much of a fuss. I mean you would think a young guy with potential that's 6'5 would get a better look.

Back on topic, I think the value is pretty even. I don't think the Bruins do it because they can probably zero in on better players to fill their needs for a cup run. As a Leafs fan I don't think I would do this either though. It's one of those trades where the value is there but it's not what either team really needs.

MuchoMacho is offline   Reply With Quote