View Single Post
Old
02-09-2013, 05:33 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieRegDunlop View Post
Having a top 6 that matches well against anybody in the league at this point is impressive, but what I think gives Moncton a real shot is depth with guys like Lalonde, Penny and Johnston. For all the off-the-wall predictions people were making about the point totals for 3rd and 4th liners at the start of the season (ok, Bathurst), those 3 should end up with about 60 goals.

I agree. Being able to match Tremaine-Penny-Lalonde with other teams top lines to shut them down is very comforting as a coach. This is the kind of depth that ables the Veilleux- Saulnier-Saulnier line to play an offensize role rather than defensize as we watched lasted season. Another big reason for our current success ,other than depth and the new found chemistry between Barbashev/Danault/Jaskin , is Dubeau's consistent play. He's really turned it up a notch during this current run and resembles like he did last season with a bit more maturity. As I mentioned above, although 5 goals were let in , he was a real difference maker while Fucale struggled to find pucks and control rebounds. Halifax could have easily had seven of eight goals last night , they had several quality chances early.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote