View Single Post
Old
02-09-2013, 05:53 PM
SabresFanNorthPortFL

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyH3aven View Post
I don't see why Anaheim does this. The difference between Miller and Hiller is so small, especially when you factor in age & cap hit.
agreed to a point. Like I said add to make it work.

we just are not a contender, and I see no reason why we shouldn't be preparing for 2 years from now. In 2 years would I rather have Miller or Ryan? I'd rather have Ryan so I'd make it happen. If that means Darcy would have to loose a trade to make it happen, so be it.

IMO, I think Miller to the Ducks makes business sense if not perfect hockey sense. Miller will sell tickets for the Ducks.

Also, IMO, to get the deal done I put guys like Ennis, Sekera, McNabb, Brennan plus others on the table. If I trade Miller, Stafford and Ennis for Hiller and Ryan, in 2-3 years I have (with resigning Pomms & Vanek) a top 9 of:

Vanek - Coho - Pomms
Foligno - Grigs - Ryan
??? - Girgs - Armia

With Leino still in the mix, as well as the possibility of Ott still being here. If we somehow signed a 2nd line center, a capable 2nd line center, think of:

Vanek - Coho - Pomms
Foligno - 2nd line center - Ryan
Girgs - Grigs - Armia
Ott - ??? - Kaleta

Yeah, just throwing out spitballs, I'm not opposed to moving Miller, I think if he were to become available, we'd get a decent return. By decent, I mean pieces for the future. Give the guy a chance to win, because in 3 years he'll be on the decline.