View Single Post
Old
02-09-2013, 05:58 PM
Horseradish

vCash: 500
For this team to be a playoff contender and still retain the majority of its youth and skill moving forward, I see a few holes that need to be filled or upgraded:

Hall Gagner Hemsky
------ RNH Eberle
Yakupov Horcoff Jones
Hartikainen ------- Smyth

ext: Eager

J. Schultz N. Schultz
Smid Petry
----- Fistric

Ext: Potter

Dubnyk
--------

The Oilers could stay with Belanger as 4C, but it sure would be nice to leverage MPS and Belanger for some tougher scoring and a tougher 4C with upside, maybe a decent d-man thrown in. I don't know what it would take to get Clowe, Braun, and Desjardins (or maybe Handzus) from SJ, but starting with MPS and Belanger and adding is on its way, I'd imagine.

Or Penner and Stoll are two guys I'd welcome back with open arms, and address two big needs for the team. Penner wouldn't cost too much, I'd imagine, and Stoll could likely be had for Belanger+. In fact, Belanger and MPS for those two is probably something I'd think long and hard about, and I imagine they would too.

I'd be totally fine with Danis as backup. Khabi played well today, but he was SO bad last year, is coming off of yet another injury, and is another year older.

Not that I want to get rid of MPS, mind you, but I think he's the most expendable of the young talent we have right now in order to get something of value in return.

This team'll take a while to succeed if they go with a lineup this green and young, so they need to add some toughness and more veteran players to augment that.