View Single Post
Old
02-09-2013, 07:10 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
You completely misunderstood what I meant, and I'll assume that it was my fault, so I'll try to be clearer:

Draft Position- Of course the draft position doesn't guarantee that 1 is going to be a better NHL player than the other. That wasn't my point. My point was that if you are going to say "We are giving up a great prospect and you are giving up trash" that you (and I don't mean "you" I mean the person who said that) should probably bother to see that Percy was drafted higher and has done nothing to hurt his stock since then (and neither has Khoko).

My basis for thining that Percy will be a better NHL player is this: I've seen them both play. I'll assume you have as well. I think, and have thought for awhile, that Percy is a very underrated Dman who can do a little bit of everything. He's not going to be solid.

Khoko is an undersized and slow playmaker. He has great hands and vision, and some offensive grit (will go to front of the net), but his D is poor, and again, he's a small slow center. The B's have a lot of C options and it might be awhile before he makes the team at all, and even then, his style and stature doesn't fit the B's mold.

As for the Russian factor, yes it is a worry with every Russian in my mind. Yeah yeah, he's playing in the CHL and wants to play in the NHL.

But so did Radulov.

Sure, Yakupov played in the CHL and didn't bolt... but he was the 1st overall pick and went straight to Edmonton's line up.

We'll see what happens when Khoko is sent to Providence next year, and perhaps the year after that. His dad is a general manager of a KHL team, and if Khoko can make more money playing there than in Providence...

I'm not saying he WILL bolt, but based on my viewings of both players I think Percy is a safer bet on the ice and off (because of that potential flight risk with Khoko).

If you've seen both play and feel differently, fine, but if you've seen both play I think you'd at least agree that Percy isn't "garbage" and is at least fairly close in value to Khoko.

THAT was my point.
Gotcha. I'm not saying Percy is bad by any means. I don't however feel Koko is as big a risk as you though. I also believe his dad was relieved of his position but I'm really not sure of it. IMO The fact that he left the KHL to come back and play junior hockey is a very positive sign of his commitment to play here and eventually in the NHL. If his development is slow in Providence then maybe he looks at going back. But by then we'll have a really good idea of what we have. I think the one potential obstacle for him is that he could get stuck in the depth chart. Especially, with Spooner more comfortable at centre. I'm wondering if Koko could adjust to playing wing as that could end up being his best chance of getting to the show with the Bruins. My problem is that he's the prospect I'm most excited about and I'd like to keep him to see what he can become. We all get that one prospect we pull for a little more if that makes sense. I'd rather not trade him for pieces I just can't get excited about which includes Percy in this whole trade scenario. Again that's not a shot at Percy.

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote