View Single Post
Old
02-09-2013, 07:47 PM
Bleach Clean

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shareefruck View Post
Not true, IMO.Ehh.. that's jumping the gun abit isn't it? Schroeder isn't "strong" he's just had an easier time handling the physicality than other guys his size would.

What do you attribute that ease to? I think it's due to his strength, which is a documented asset from as well back as the combine.

Quote:
I remember Morrison being exactly that-- He was way tougher, more aggressive, and stronger on his skates than someone like Naslund, despite the size. I don't ever remember his size being an issue.

I think the comparable is nearly spot on, both in terms of strength, skill, and the way they play the game, personally.

I think Schroeder's "skill" is seriously overstated. He has the practical tools he needs to contribute offensively (the way Morrison did-- great smarts, senses, puck distribution, and a powerful accurate shot) but I would never expect him to be a player who lights it up.

Morrison's size wasn't an issue, it's the way he approached the game. He relied on his strong stick to craftiness to see him through. Not his body positioning and strength on his skates. This is what Schroeder plays like.

The skill aspect is dubious I agree. The fact is that Schroeder is not dynamic. Not like some of the players you see around the league. He's skilled, but he doesn't overtly show it, or exploit others with it. Some smaller guys out there can literally create their own offense... he's not that. At least, so far.

Bleach Clean is offline   Reply With Quote