View Single Post
Old
02-09-2013, 06:48 PM
hokijanari

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
they have three more points than us in the standings. I think it's fair to say St. Louis had much higher expectations laid on them than this Wild team did. There's got to be something ugly behind the blue's scoreboard, too, right? A team that stacked, that big, shouldn't be that close to us in the standings right now because we're just plain awful.
As expected, you failed to understand my point. I didn't say you have to look behind the Blues' scoreboard. I haven't seen enough games from the Blues, so I can't say if they're playing bad or not at the moment. You can lose a game 6-1, but it doesn't tell you everything. What if your goalie can't catch a thing in the first period and you're down 3-0. Then players frustrate and it's game over, no matter how well you play in the first.

Or. You can lose a game 3-1, which seems like a pretty close game. But actually one of the goalies stood on his head and that's why the game was that close. Meanwhile the rest of the team got ran over. Sounds like a game that the Wild played in Anaheim, eh?

What I'm saying is that the 4-5-1 record of the Wild actually flatters the team. The play itself has been total crap since the beginning. In the season opener it was the first PP unit that won the game for the Wild. I think beyond that the Avs were on the driver's seat. And that's the way it has been all season.

Let's hope the direction changes tonight...