View Single Post
Old
02-09-2013, 07:54 PM
Shareefruck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
What do you attribute that ease to? I think it's due to his strength, which is a documented asset from as well back as the combine.

Morrison's size wasn't an issue, it's the way he approached the game. He relied on his strong stick to craftiness to see him through. Not his body positioning and strength on his skates. This is what Schroeder plays like.

The skill aspect is dubious I agree. The fact is that Schroeder is not dynamic. Not like some of the players you see around the league. He's skilled, but he doesn't overtly show it, or exploit others with it. Some smaller guys out there can literally create their own offense... he's not that. At least, so far.
I think it shows that he has some strength, but nothing out of the ordinary that seperates him from Morrison, who didn't get pushed around either.

The second point I can see to some degree, but I've never seen Schroeder as the type who predominantly excels at that, or Morrison as a guy who doesn't shield the puck with his body, personally.

When Morrison played with Cooke, Schaefer, and Linden, he was not an on-his-stick-off his stick guy who avoided/was ineffective at protecting the puck with his body at all. I would attribute that impression to playing with Naslund/Bertuzzi, who had the puck all the time.

Talking about this really makes me miss having the type of player Morrison was on this team.

Last edited by Shareefruck: 02-09-2013 at 08:00 PM.
Shareefruck is offline   Reply With Quote