View Single Post
Old
02-09-2013, 08:18 PM
Freudian slips

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by molsonmuscle360 View Post
People need to sit back and ask themselves this question. When the oldest player in your top 6 is 28 and the next oldest is 22, exactly how much are you really expecting out of them? I want the team to win just as bad as anyone else, but I also don't want the panic of the fans to force the hand on a trade that could trade in a strong future for this team, for some short term minor success.

My problem/frustration lies in the fact that we have been 'wandering in the wilderness' since 1990, albeit with the exception of 2006 and the Marchant goal.

But who among our young core are really elite? I ask in earnest. Where is our Jonathan Toews? Stevie Y? Messier?

I want this rebuild to mean something. I think we've got a few really nice pieces, but its becoming more and more of a concern with me that these young studs are maybe not as advertised.

Of all the players on this team the only guy I can project to be a HOF'er is Schultz.

When Yzerman and Towes and Stamkos etc were in their third NHL season they were dominant players.

And you dont win championships with a collection of above average guys...you always need at least one guy to be the straw the stirs the drink...

my 2 cents...

thoughts?

Freudian slips is offline   Reply With Quote