Thread: News Article: Bruins reflect on Tim Thomas
View Single Post
02-09-2013, 09:22 PM
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to smithformeragent
Originally Posted by SerenityRick View Post
Yep. For a lot of people it's not as simple as "well just because you're on the other side of the aisle you should go do it cause it's an honor!"

When you think the President is ruining the Country (whether you were democrat and hated Bush for similar reasons or conservative and hate Obama now), that moderate mindset of "just suck it up and do it for the team" is literally non-existant.

Don't have to like it.. it's just the way it is.
Dead on, says the poli sci guy

For me, it'd be like going back stage to meet Maroon 5. I just would have zero interest in meeting them because I don't like them and there would no prestige on my end.

It's a real shame that a guy like Muhammed Ali can make a political statement and be glorified by the media in retrospect, but Tank gets vilified. Not looking to turn this into a political discussion, but it's obvious that some in the Boston media had an axe to grind for sure when it came to TT.

As for TT "quitting on the team", I mentioned this in another thread. How is he a bad guy for wanting to spend time with his family, yet the guys on the Big Bad Bruins that took the money and bailed for the WHA get a free pass?

That's how it starts—the fever, the rage, the feeling of powerlessness that turns good men… cruel.
smithformeragent is offline   Reply With Quote