View Single Post
Old
02-09-2013, 08:31 PM
molsonmuscle360

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian slips View Post
I understand that things COULD turn out as you say. Im not even saying they won't.

But when Chicago won their Cup Towes was dominant. You could just see his hockey sense oozing. When players are that elite, you see it very early.

I'm not seeing the same thing with our group...again Schultz looks dynamite. Ebs, RNH look promising. Hall....meh. I think his career has all kinds of promise, but I worry, again as I said in my first post, he may not be the staw that stirs the drink....

But, I appreciate your input. Im certainly willing to be patient, as long as I see something to hold on to...

Maybe i just need to get out more!
I have always spent a lot of time just watching small stuff in hockey, it's what my dad always taught me to do because I was never the biggest, fastest or most skilled player on the ice, so I had to always think my way through the game. Which in turn causes me to watch specifics when I watch hockey. And I actually see a lot of huge potential in all of our young guys, they remind me of various guys I've seen play in the last 25 years.

RNH - He really reminds me of Adam Oates, although he doesn't have the face off ability at this point. He sees the game very well, and moves between the zones with high efficiency. I expect him to produce to full potential within around 3 years.

Hall - I don't like the constant Messier comparisons, I actually see him as a bigger, stronger Mike Gartner. He's going to break teams with his speed, not like Messier who bullied his way into getting most of his goals.

Eberle - He's the hardest for me to make a comparison to someone else, his hands in close are insane, and he just seems to know where to be at the right time.

Yakupov - He's got a little bit of Bure and a little bit of Federov in him. You can tell he comes from the mold of Russian kids that grew up watching them. He uses his speed to try and constantly find openings in which to shoot. Although sometimes he moves around too much in the zone, making it hard for his teammates to find him.

molsonmuscle360 is offline   Reply With Quote