View Single Post
Old
02-09-2013, 08:45 PM
Roof Daddy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnt Biscuits View Post
This reminds me of the Torres Brule trade how long do you want our rebuild to last? Hemsky is also clearly better than Torres can the same be said for El Nino being better than Brule?

Ofcourse people will say that their is no comparison between El Nino and Brule, but there were a lot of happy Oiler fans when that 1st trade went down. Maybe this set of magic beans will turn out better than the last one, but I think we have enough project players that we shouldn't really be looking for more at the cost of already productive members of the team.
Yep, has everything to do with "magic beans" and absolutely nothing to do with having 3 highly skilled RW (IMO Yak look lost at times trying to adjust to LW and needs to go back to RW), all of which play a finesse game lacking grit. NN is a gritty player with size and speed that could be a nice compliment on the LW across from Yak. Or maybe the offence doesn't develop and he is more of a bottom 6er. Either way he'd bring more grit to the line-up.

Hemsky has looked great some games, average in others, but we have guys that contribute in similar ways. The only guy we have like NN is Harti, and I think El Niņo is better.