View Single Post
Old
02-09-2013, 09:53 PM
finchster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
I agree with this- makes a lot of sense; only two concerns with Tuukka, he has been injured here and there, is not the biggest guy and Boston would be wise and likely would keep him fresh...and playoffs. He was very poor imo the year Providence was loaded and was the chief culpret in letting Portland come back from down two to take four straight. Rask let in a late goal in Portland with the Bruins up a goal and ready to go up 3-0 in the series, We drove up and sat right in back of Rask on the glass and it was really weak- just horrible and they lost in OT, and repeated the same thing game 4.

He also in game 7 vs the Flyers let in that late goal to give them life at the end of the first in Boston's argualby best period I've seen since Claude was here. They destroyed Philly that period but that goal allowed the Flyers to remain calm and right the ship.

Tuukka has though won a tough series vs Buffalo so thats a good thing.

I like him a lot, think he is a legit number one guy just need to see health, and strong playoff run; but I'd be willing to gamble right now and sign him if he can be had for a fair price. Heard he loves the team and city so should not be a problem
Before I offer Rask 5-6+ million my concern is can Rask be the Bruins best player? I have no doubt he can be a starter, I have no doubt he can be a very good NHL starter, but can he be our best player like Thomas was on many nights? Can he steal games or a playoff round? Can he be the difference between winning and losing night after night? There is a difference between being a good young goaltender, which the NHL seems to have many of these days, and being "the man".

finchster is offline   Reply With Quote