View Single Post
Old
07-06-2006, 09:09 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Seriously...Some people just don't get it. He's our best scorer and will be for a long time. He will outscore all those rookies next year, and the year after, and the year after. He's a goal machine and this team NEEDS him to make the playoffs.
True that that's the closest of a sniper that we have right now. But how you can imply that he will be the one for every single year till he retires, well I wouldn't know that so how would you know?

I never though as Higgins as a 1st line material, always though the guy would a perfect 3rd liner, guess what he surprised a lot of people....Why would Perez, Kosty or any other guy in that matter wouldn't do the same in 2 or 3 years? Not next year, but down the road we don't know that yet.

Again, hear me out, since UFA is out of the question or sort of, and for most of the people the draft is a crapshoot, well there's one solution left to try and get better is by trading. And it's not with Downey, Zednik or Murray that you'll have something significant. But Gainey cannot and could not trade him to get someone equivalent to him, there's just no need for that, he would have to think he gets more.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote