Thread: GDT: Ducks at Blues
View Single Post
Old
02-09-2013, 10:34 PM
OCTA8ON

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDream View Post
This team is doing great? They just got blown out 11-2 in the past 2 games. They started off with a great 1st period tonight and then came out in the 2nd looking like **** again, and lost again. 4 game losing streak, getting outscored 22-10 in the last 4 games. 11 games, 13 points.

No this team isn't playing great. They have been sloppy, not playing as physical, not getting pucks in deep at all, turning the puck over, they are NOT playing the system.

Yeah Elliott is ******* and drained the energy out of the team tonight but take off your homer glasses. The Blues are not playing great. We're at .500 since the home opener and that was an easy win because Detroit wasn't prepared at all.
You're saying the Blues (minus Elliot) didn't battle back hard, support the puck carrier, and play within the system? Are you kidding me? The Blues were doing many things right except a few lapses in the second period which were magnified due to Elliot being in the net. The team battled back pretty hard tonight. I'm not talking about last game or the one before.

I'm talking about as of tonight. We put up 31 shots and scored 5 goals. With any other goaltender in net, we would have had the win.