View Single Post
Old
02-09-2013, 10:34 PM
Orr Nightmare

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
Powe is not fast. He has adequate skating abilities. Don't make it more than it is. And you clearly don't get what I mean by slow. The team has in their game has been slow. A player like Powe helps that problem. They have been slow closing off space as well as when it comes to finishing checks; the play is already gone and/or moving the other way. Until the last couple games we didn't have Miller and Kreider. They traded Rupp to get quicker. If fighting and toughness was more important to them they would have kept him. Torts wants his team to be quicker. Clowe is slow.

Don't compare him to Lucic. Lucic is a far more effective player than Clowe. And I never said Clowe was a bad player. I said he is dubinsky but slower. He has hit 60 points only once so you cant claim he is a 60 point player. He is a 45-55 point player. Sounds a lot like Dubinsky to me. Similar games but again slower. And with Thornton, Marleau, Havlat, Pavelski, Couture...if Clowe is in the top 6 he is the 6th guy himself. He wouldnt be in our top 6.
Guy your points are weak....top 6, bottom 6, I don't care...if he replaces Boyle he is an upgrade and he would be an upgrade over Hagelin as well...this guy can actually score...I love Dubi but his highest point total was 54 and something tells me that might be one of his highest totals in his career.

Lucic was always rated low on this board but now for your convienence he is a more effective player....Clowe will give you 50 points, 150 hits, 150 PIM

Lucic is a 60 point scorer, with 135 PM and 200 hits...is Lucic a better player...in my eyes he is in the top 10, but if we can get Clowe and it is not for a king's ransom...you do it in a heartbeat!