View Single Post
Old
07-06-2006, 09:54 AM
Astaroth

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v View Post
Ribeiro is a good player that can put a lot of points ( 65 pts 2 years ago , playing with Ryder at his first season , and Dagenais )

The Day a coach is going to find the linemate suited for him , watch him !!!

On the bad side - for a lot of habs fans - he 's not a low profil guy ; he says what he thinks , not the classics ''the team plays together , i am going to work harder '' stuffs . He 's not the kind of man with the clean cut , and the Polo shirt ; looks a bit punk .It's enough for a lot of people to hated him ( ! ).

But the reason why there is much hate for him is probably because a french medias ( 110 % ) ; they went as far as said that he was better than their hero Saku Koivu , and were always talking about how he was good ,( because he's a local player from Montreal)

That was too much for most of the Fans of the streight and clean cut Mr Koivu . because they are really in love with him ;

It's more like because we have Saku as a number one center. With the new nhl, his lack of speed has beens everely exposed. He has no shot so he can't really score. His stickhandling is rather so-so but his vision is quite good, close to elite even. He's not a wimp, he's just not strong enough to play the boards and is physically a non-factor. See all this wouldn't be a problem if he could do what his job is; put up points. Unfortunetly, the habs do not have an overly skilled top 6 to negate his weaknesses. This year when Koivu went down, in the regular and post season; he just couldn't get the job done. That is the main reason why fans on this board are disenchanted with Ribeiro. Since Koivu has a long-term contrat, it's obvious we need a number two center who can complement him or a number one center to take the pressure off him. Either way, Ribeiro is not the answer, for the Habs that is.

I think he will have a long enough career because he does have the skills, but I do not believe it can happen with the Habs if we want to move forward.

Oh and he's more of a wigga than a punk. He's kind of annoying when you see him at clubs too but the beef with him is his play more than his character.

Astaroth is offline   Reply With Quote