View Single Post
Old
02-09-2013, 10:38 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

vCash: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL33 View Post
Why would they think any differently now? They got another team to overpay for an asset that wasn't going to stick around.
Varlamov wasn't going to the KHL. He made it clear during THIS lockout that he prefers the NHL. That doesn't mean he loves his home country any less, but he is a competitor, and wants to compete at the highest level, and that's the NHL.

And for the last effing time, we didn't overpay. Considering the word was that we were shopping the 11th overall pick in the draft (that we used for Siemens) HARD leading up to the draft (rumors we were talking to either LA or Vancouver, potentially both) means that we were going to have to give a 1st rounder for a young, up-and-coming netminder.

Add to that that I think we got the most talented one in Varlamov, then I don't think it was bad at all. Remember, we traded JML for a 2nd rounder (Boston's) and then used THAT 2nd round pick and coupled it w/ our 1st rounder and got Varlamov.

So you're telling me that you wouldn't trade a 1st and JML (essentially) for a goalie of Varlamov's talent AND potential?