View Single Post
Old
02-09-2013, 11:02 PM
Lafleurs Guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
We can have short guys on our team, like Gallagher, Desharnais, and Gionta; we just can't have three of them.
Its killed us for a long time and it continues to kill us. Before it was Gomez, Cammy and Gionta and now its two other guys and the captain.

It's not going to work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
You mean a Nordiques fan?
Yes. He's one of the very few people I have on ignore and it's for good reason. One of the worst posters on this board.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasculio View Post
I'm on the fence as far as tanking, and I'm not sure tonight's game is an indication of what our team is made of, but if we're going downhill for a while, I agree that finishing 14th of Eastern conference is way better than finishing 9th, especially with this year's draft...
We can play it out and see how it goes. The emergence of Galchenyuk changes things a little though. I'm far less inclined to deal away Pleks than I would've been.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Basically when the season started, I was pessimistic because I figured:

- The Desharnais line was going to regress. Cole is a 25 goal scorer far more than a 35 goal scorer.

- We'd spend another year searching for answers on the Plekanec line. Did not buy into Bourque bouncing back at all.

- Our small defence would be a MAJOR problem as time goes on.

- With a hectic schedule and our usually injury problems, we'd be ravaged by injuries. And we all know how short we are on depth.

#1 has happened, but it's even worse than I imagined it would be. That line has become a black hole at 5 on 5. The Gally's emerging for 2 weeks helped cover up this problem for a few games, but this past week their scoring dried up and we all know what happened.

#2 has not happened and Bourque has been fairly good, but even then, Gionta has been a disappointment since the NJ game and Plekanec usually starts off hot then settles into his customary 0.7-0.8 PPG range.

#3 was masked for a few games by the ''overload'' defensive strategy, but it's becoming more apparent by the game that opponents have figured how to counter it. You also have our biggest and most physical defenceman (Emelin) putting together an absolutely abysmal stretch of games recently.

#4 has not happened. Yet...
That's the thing... everyone assumed that Cole would be as good and that Markov would be great and Gionta would return to form. It never works that way. You get good news (Bourque, the Gallys) and bad (Cole, DD.)

At the end of the day, let's see how the team goes and hope for the best. If it doesn't go well, let's hope mgmt is smart enough to continue the rebuild.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
At the end of the day, this remains a team in transition. It's nowhere near a finished product. Fans need to remember that and most importantly, management has to remember it. 2014-15 is the earliest the window can open and that is if MB aces his trade/UFA signings with the cap room we will have this summer and/or likely the summer after that AND another wave of our prospects is in the NHL by then AND Galchenuk quickly becomes a #1 C. It's quite possible we're looking more at 2015-16.
Well that's the real question. When does the window open? It was starting to look like it might be this year or next but that changed real quick. Galchenyuk does accelerate that window in my opinion though. I figured he'd be a rookie next year and then start becoming an impact player after that. Right now though he just might be our best forward already.