View Single Post
Old
02-09-2013, 11:17 PM
sparxx87

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
Well, might be longer than you think. As much as it pains me to say this, I have to say the Leafs look good man. Reimer was solid. Phaneuf looked like Phaneuf of old. They were physical, skilled up front, aggressive, first on the puck, won the special teams battle, something like 68% vs 34% on faceoffs and I could keep going. They handed Montreal their ***** tonight in every department.

But I still think the Orr knee, run whatever you want to call it was cheap, I thought the tall dude (sorry forget his name) fighting mini Gally was cheap and biting, no matter what the reason is, between men, I can never accept. Just me though.

And honestly I'd rather be here arguing about this stuff and hating you guys than the complete bore fest the rivalry's become in the last few years.

It's more fun to hate each other.

And as much as it sucked watching that game for me tonight. I'm sure it was awesome for you. Habs will respond though. That I promise.
Fair enough about Pacioretty. I agree about the biting being offside, but its hard to say how you'd react in that situation. I can't say I wouldn't have done the same. Lets not forget this all started with Prust stalking Komarov after the whistle. Grabovski jumped in to defend his teammate and for some reason Pacioretty felt he needed to protect Prust from Grabovski?

Orr did run Plekanec, after Plekanec two handed him going the other way, what should he expect? Then Orr gets up and Gionta is coming at him, what was Gionta doing? If you go at someone like Orr after a questionable run like that, what do you expect? Then Bourque too, he comes in and grabs Colton Orr who already has to flippers off and is poised to defend his actions? Orr was surrounded by red jerseys so he started swinging at them.

Montreal lost their composure and that's why the game got so chippy.