View Single Post
Old
02-09-2013, 11:27 PM
Bardof425*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
Kreider and Miller are far from being thoroughbreds of this team. You only point out Anisimov and Dubinsky's negatives to their game, yet you make it sound as though Kreider and Miller will have a linear development curve. Dubinsky is a very valuable player with his ability to maintain puck possession, ability to hold onto the puck, ability to play a versatile role on lines 1-4 and his natural mean-streak that very few players have. Anisimov was also a highly skilled player who bought a unique element to the lineup with his size and skill.

At the same age, Dubinsky and Anisimov's AHL production blows the water out of Kreider and Miller's. Like I said, we should be happy if Kreider/Miller end up becoming Anisimov/Dubinsky type producers and I think expecting much higher will set up for grave disappointment.
I appreciated both guys when they were here. But let's be honest no one frustrated us with inconsistency more than those two. Dubi dangled but his offensive instincts were terrible. The strength of his game is skating, PK and overall effort. Ani has a ton of talent but just didn't put it together. Don't know why. Maybe both guys had poor hockey IQ; don't know. ]

Miller and Kreider are thoroughbreds. they are young, eager, fast and talented. If they bring a more consistent effort than the two that are gone they will surpass them as Rangers in every way possible. Points are just one way to judge.